What is Considered a Business Dispute?
Many people think only of banks and financial institutions when they think of commercial disputes, but litigation over business issues is far broader. From the smallest mom-and-pop company to the world’s largest corporations, the range of legal problems that can arise in business and commercial transactions is nearly endless. They include breaches of contract, partnership and joint venture disputes, class actions, business torts like fraud and misrepresentation, breaches of fiduciary duties, shareholder disputes, consumer claims, and the list goes on.
Business or Commercial Transactions
Regardless of the specific business, if you run into a problem in a business or commercial transaction, or want to take steps to avoid a dispute before it arises, the attorneys at Ritchie Manning Kautz are well-positioned to help. Our experience covers a wide variety of commercial disputes, many of which are detailed in our other practice areas as well.
Additional Examples Include:
- Litigating a tax dispute for a mining company in southeastern Montana.
- Montana Supreme Court appeals in cases from Missoula, Billings, and Butte involving claims against banks for unfair trade practices and lender liability.
- Class actions involving claims by workers against businesses alleging that the businesses failed to property pay overtime.
- A trial involving claims by a contractor that he was not paid for work performed on a home remodel in Billings.
- A case involving breach of warranty claims by a seller of airplane engines.
- A lawsuit involving a dispute over the amount earned by a general contractor from the construction of a municipal project in Billings.
- Multiple cases involving claims against credit card companies for fraud and deceit.
- Counseling a Helena-based trade association regarding licensing issues.
- Assisting a petroleum services company in Billings and Miles City with potential trade secrets claims against a competitor.
- Helping clients with business name and potential trademark disputes.
Contact Us Today to Assist in Business or Corporate Legal Disputes
RMK Law can help negotiate your business or commercial transactions helping to prevent any disputes. Should you find yourself in a situation needing an attorney, you can contact us online or call (406) 601-1400 to speak with an attorney.