Agriculture remains Montana’s lifeblood, with the latest statistics showing that Montana has over 27,000 farms and ranches that contribute more than $4.5 billion to the state’s economy. The breadth of the industry means that Montana’s farmers and ranchers face a wide variety of challenges, ranging from crop insurance to leasing rights, from ag lending to noxious weeds, and from tractor injuries to wildfires, just to name a few.
Our firm’s extensive experience in the industry—both personally and legally—allows us to help our Ag clients navigate those issues and protect their rights when disputes arise. One of our lawyers grew up farming and ranching in Southern Idaho, raising cattle and other livestock along with a wide range of crops, including sugar beets, wheat, barley, potatoes, corn, alfalfa, and beans. Another grew up on a small family farm in Huntley, Montana. That background gives the firm a unique understanding of both the legal and practical issues our Ag clients face.
From individuals to families to large-scale operations, we have represented Montana’s Ag-producers and businesses in a wide variety of legal disputes.
Some Examples of Our Agriculture Cases Include:
- Assisting a farm in Petroleum County, Montana defend its rights against a Havre implement dealership in case involving fraud related to the consignment of a tractor and a Seedmaster Drill.
- Representing farmers and ranchers across Montana in disputes with their insurance companies.
- Defending a rancher near Columbus, Montana in a personal injury case when a hay bale fell off a ranch truck on the highway and struck a passing vehicle.
- Helping numerous farmers and ranchers navigate leasing issues, including a representing a rancher in Eastern Montana against a leaseholder in a case involving overgrazing.
- Representing an Ag lender in Billings, Montana in a fraud case involving missing cattle and livestock.
- Representing a rancher in Eastern Montana in a dispute over grazing rights.
- Representing a rancher in Musselshell County, Montana in a fencing dispute over property in the Bull Mountains.
- Representing farmers from Montana’s Hi-Line against a Billings, Montana car dealership regarding fraud and deceit.
Contact Us Today to Assist in Your Agricultural Case
RMK Law Firm is waiting to handle your agricultural case. We offer affordable services while never skimping on the quality and value of our services. Contact us today at (406) 601-1400 to speak with an attorney.