It’s unfortunate, but motorcycle accidents are typically more dangerous than other auto accidents. Motorcyclists don’t have all the same protections the driver of a sedan or truck has. There are no airbags, seatbelts, metal frames, or other similar automobile safety features, leaving motorcyclists vulnerable to injury and death. When you’re involved in such an accident in Billings, MT, you need a motorcycle accident attorney on your side.
Why You Should Choose RMK
Many insurance companies assume a biker is going to be more reckless than the driver of a minivan or another vehicle. They just have that stereotype, which isn’t fair, but it does happen. With a lawyer from RMK Law Firm by your side, you can deal with these unjust stereotypes and work toward getting the compensation you deserve.
Some other benefits of hiring RMK Law Firm in Billings include:
- Our legal services go above and beyond what you’d expect from a big law firm, but we offer those personalized touches you can only find in a small firm.
- Our collective experience goes beyond 40 years, giving you the knowledge needed to fight your motorcycle accident case in court.
- We personally handle every case that comes through our office, with individualized service to meet your unique needs.
- The quality of service we offer is never sacrificed for our affordable legal services.
- We have experience handling some of the most basic cases for typical Montana citizens to some of the more complicated cases for Fortune 500 companies, giving us a unique look at the legal system and how to achieve the most favorable outcome.
- Some of our lawyers are Montana natives, with a personal connection and a special understanding of legal proceedings, local codes, and regulations.
Information Regarding Motorcycle Accidents
In 2017, Montana was at the bottom of the list for motorcycle accident fatalities per 10,000 registered motorcycles. With 23 deaths, our state came in last for fatalities per registrants, but 23 is too many. While the weather and road conditions can play a role in these accidents, with the rain, snow, ice, and road work that are so well-known to Montana, there are some other causes bikers should be aware of in Billings.
- Drunk Driving – In many motorcycle accidents that are caused by drunk drivers, it’s not the biker who was driving drunk, though a motorcyclist could also drive drunk and cause an accident.
- Dooring – When someone opens a car door to get out after parking but fails to check for bikers or pedestrians, he or she could “door” the biker. Getting hit by a door can cause serious injuries to the biker.
- Overcompensation – It’s essential every biker takes a proper driving course so as not to overcompensate the front brake. This can cause the momentum of the ride to throw the biker over his or her handlebars.
- Failure to Look – It’s hard to spot a biker in the blind spot, but it’s essential every driver looks and is positive there’s nobody there before proceeding to the next lane. Too often this doesn’t happen and is one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Lane Splitting – Although it’s legal in Montana, lane splitting is very dangerous. Whether it’s the mistake of the other drivers or the biker, this can cause some serious injuries, even death.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you were the victim of a motorcycle accident, our motorcycle accident law firm in Billings, MT, is here to help.
To get started, we’ve answered some frequently asked questions.
- Is there a time limit to file my case? – Yes. The statute of limitations for motorcycle accident cases is three years.
- What must be proven to have a chance at winning my case? – The other driver owed a certain level of care. The other driver breached that duty. You were injured. Your injury resulted from the other driver’s actions.
- How much is my case worth? – Every case is different, so we can’t give you a one-size-fits-all answer. The specifics of your case will determine the worth. We’ll look at punitive damages, non-economic damages and economic damages.
Contacting Your Attorney to Discuss Your Case
After being involved in a motorcycle accident in or near Billings, MT, you need representation from one of the finest attorneys in the area. Contact RMK Law Firm today at (406) 601-1400 to discuss your case with a professional.
Photo credit: osobystist/shutterstock.com